|Job title||Head of Content|
|Reporting to||Managing Director|
|Key relationships ||MD, external clients|
|Salary||£45,000 per annum|
|Summary of position|
With our continuing success and ambition for further growth, we are now looking for a qualified Head of Content to join our team and play a vital role in the future development of the company.
You will be responsible for creating, improving and maintaining marketing content initiatives across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads, and positive customer behaviour for our clients.
You will be an expert in all things related to content and brand consistency, as well as having the ability to monitor web traffic and metrics to identify best practices.
Ultimately, the role is to oversee all marketing content initiatives to ensure customer engagement, brand consistency and a positive customer experience.
The role of Head of Content includes but is not limited to:
- Ensuring brand consistency for all content in terms of style, quality, tone of voice, and ensuring optimised for search and user experience for all channels of content;
- Developing content strategy aligned with short- and long-term marketing targets;
- Learning the business voice and becoming the lead for content when pitching to clients;
- Liaising with clients to determine brand, customer story, and content strategy;
- Creating and publishing engaging content;
- Proofreading and editing content ensuring brand consistency and quality control;
- Using content management systems to analyse users’ engagement metrics;
- Managing content distribution to multiple platforms;
- Developing a functional content calendar;
- Ensuring compliance with law, e.g. copyright and GDPR.
|Qualifications and experience|
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, or relevant field;
- MBA in Marketing a plus;
- Proven work experience as Head of Content or a Content Manager;
- Experience with creating compelling messages for varied target demographics;
- Audience development and subscription strategies experience a plus;
- Valid UK driving licence.
|Skills and personal attributes|
- Proven editorial skills and outstanding command of the English language;
- A strong understanding of how to create content that draws an audience and how to tell a story using words, images and audio;
- Skill at both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) content creation and distribution strategies and tactics;
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content;
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within ongoing campaigns;
- Expertise in all major business software applications, e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, etc;
- Basic technical understanding of HTML and web publishing, etc;
- Fluency in web analytics tools, social media marketing applications, and leading social media monitoring platforms;
- A willingness to embrace change and adapt strategies on the fly;
- Great powers of persuasion and presentation;
- Ability to screen sales pitches and look for the relevant brand and customer story;
- Incredible people skills;
- Excellent negotiator and mediator.
|Rewards and benefits|
This role is part funded for twelve months by the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020. This includes coaching support from OIS for twelve months to ensure that the objectives as per the growth plan are delivered for the business.
This role is part funded for 12 months by the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020